St Margaret’s PE and School Sport Funding 2023 – 2024
The government is determined to secure a significant and lasting legacy from the very successful 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games that were held in London. In order to achieve this and improve the provision of PE and sport in primary schools, additional funding of £150 million per annum has been made available for the academic years up until 2020.
PE and Sport Premium funding has been provided jointly by the Department for Education, the Department for Health and Culture and the Department for Media and Sport. It has been allocated to primary schools Headteachers and is ring-fenced to be spent on the provision of PE and sport in schools.
The Government believes that Headteachers and school leaders should decide how to use the funding for PE and Sports in school. They are held accountable for the decisions they make through:
- The performance outcomes of all pupils compared with their peers
- The Ofsted inspection framework, under which inspectors focus on the attainment of pupil groups, in particular in those areas where specific funding has been provided
- The reports that schools are required to publish online for Parents.
Purpose of Funding
At St Margaret’s Primary School we believe that sport plays a crucial role contributing to the health and mental well-being of our children. We also believe that sporting excellence and participation go hand in hand with academic standards. We have used the Sport Funding to strengthen and improve our provision in the following ways:
- To employ a Sports Coach to teach PE and devise clubs that progressively develop our children
- To support and engage the least active children through new/additional sports and health clubs.
- To attend sport competitions and increase pupils’ participation in school games.
- To buy quality assured professional development modules /materials for PE and sport.
- To provide places for pupils on after school and lunchtime sports clubs.
- To provide quality sportswear for all the pupils participating in competitive sports.
- To offer opportunities for pupils to try a range of different sports helping to promote a lifelong enjoyment of sport.
To Download the full Sports Premium review 2022 – 2023 click here.
To Download the full Sports Premium review 2023 – 2024 click here.